Turkey Chili Recipe
This is a great meal to make ahead and freeze for a quick, high-protein lunch or dinner when you’re too busy to cook. This recipe calls for two cans of kidney beans, but you can use any beans you like.
1 tsp. olive oil
1 large onion, chopped
1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
1 medium yellow (or orange) bell pepper, chopped
1 lb. raw 93% lean ground turkey
1 (28-oz.) can chopped tomatoes
2 cans (15-oz. each) kidney beans, rinsed, drained or black beans
1 tsp. chili powder
½ tsp. sea salt
Crushed red peppers (to taste; optional)
12 Italian parsley sprigs, chopped
1. Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
2. Add onion and bell peppers; cook, stirring frequently, for 4 to 5 minutes, or until onion is soft.
3. Add turkey; cook for 4 to 5 minutes, or until turkey is browned
4. Add tomatoes, beans, chili powder, salt, and red peppers; cook, stirring frequently, for 10 to 15 minutes.
5. Divide chili into 6 serving bowls and garnish with parsley if desired.