If you are like me gingerbread is just not for the holidays, it’s all year round. These muffins are great for breakfast or a snack. Bonus – your whole kitchen smells wonderful in the process!! Give them a try!
HEALTHY GINGERBREAD MUFFINS
Serves: 12 regular sized muffins
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ⅓ cup molasses
- 1 egg
- ½ cup real maple syrup
- ½ cup plain greek yogurt
- ½ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup whole white wheat flour or whole wheat flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Grease a muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray or butter. Melt the coconut oil so it’s in liquid form. In a small bowl, whisk the liquid coconut oil with the molasses.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs, maple syrup, sour cream, milk, and ginger. Then add the coconut oil and molasses from step one. The coconut oil should stay liquified.
- Add the flours, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Stir a few times until just combined. Scoop into a muffin tin and sprinkle the tops with turbinado or organic cane sugar, if you want too. Bake for 17-20 minutes or until the tops are puffy and firm to the touch.
** Side note: When it come to the flours, you can use all whole wheat or whole wheat white flour or the combination up above.