Looking for a new healthy breakfast idea or a snack? If you love coconut, you will love these. Of course, fast and easy to make and they are so good!!
COCONUT PECAN BREAKFAST BARS
- Coconut oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 banana
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ⅓ cup coconut flour
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 4 Tbsp coconut milk
- ½ cup chopped pecans
* Side note – I have a Whole Foods near me, and they have a bulk section. This is perfect to go and scoop out the coconut flour, for just what I need. I know it can be expensive, so this is one way to do it, if you have a store near you, that has a bulk section and then its not so costly.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Use the coconut oil to grease an 8×8 pan.
- Crack your eggs into a medium sized bowl and quickly whisk them up.
- Mash your banana – I like to just do this quickly on a plate – add to the bowl with the eggs along with the honey and vanilla.
- Measure and add your coconut flour, making sure to combine everything well and ensuring there are no clumps.
- Measure and add the unsweetened shredded coconut and coconut milk and mix to ensure the batter is well combined.
- Spoon the batter into your pan and smooth it out. Sprinkle the chopped pecans over top.
- Bake your bars in the pre-heated oven for 20-25 minutes. Keep an eye on them – when the edges are golden brown and the center is firm, they’re done.