These cookies are great, if you are trying to be healthy and need a substitute in the “sweets” department. Also great before working out (& I am talking about just eating one). Give them a try, next time you need something small.
Healthy Peanut Butter Power Cookies
Ingredients (12 cookies)
- 1 cup old fashioned oats (GF certified if needed)
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup raisins (or other dried fruit)
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter (or other nut butter)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Instructions : Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients (oats through raisins).
- In another bowl, whisk together wet ingredients (maple syrup through vanilla).
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- Drop the dough into 12 even mounds on a parchment paper/silicon mat-lined or greased baking sheet.
- Bake 12-15 minutes, until the cookies are just set in the center.