Made these lemon bars this morning and they are good!! Beware, they are very lemony. Of course, I doubled the batch.
1 cup almond meal
2 tbsp coconut oil
1 tsp pure maple syrup
Grated lemon zest from 2 lemons (about 1 1/2 tsp)
Juice from 2 lemons (about 1/2 cup)
1/4 cup pure maple syrup
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 cup almond meal
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Mix all ingredients for the crust together in a bowl. Mixture should be crumbly.
3. Press mixture down into a 8×8 baking dish evenly. Bake for 8-10 mins – or until it starts to brown.
4. While the crust is baking, mix together eggs, lemon zest and maple syrup in a bowl.
5. In a separate bowl mix together almond meal, baking powder and sea salt.
6. Mix both bowls together and then whisk lemon juice in.
7. Take your crust out of the oven, and pour mixture on top. Bake for 10 mins – or until filling is firm.
8. Let COOL (best if you refrigerate overnight) and then slice into bars, or squares. Top with lemon slices if you like!